How to register and create your ABRSM account
Before you book exams using our online service, you will need to register and create an ABRSM account.
You will need to do this even if you have an ABRSM applicant number. If you have an applicant number, please enter it when you register. This will help us to link your old and new accounts together.
- Click ‘Login’ at the top of the page or click here. Then choose ‘Register / Exams from April 2020’.
- Select your ‘Territory’ to tell us where you live. Start to type in the box to make this quicker and save scrolling through the list. Click ‘OK’ to continue.
- Complete all the fields marked with a red asterisk. You may find the following information useful:
- Username and password- create a memorable username and password. Your username cannot be your email address or include the @ symbol. It must also be unique. You will be prompted to try again if someone else has already taken a username.
- Date of birth- we use your date of birth, along with other personal information you supply, to create a unique and secure record for you.
- Email verification- you can do this at any point once you have entered your email address. Click 'Send Verification Code' and you will receive a code via email. The email will be from ‘Microsoft on behalf of abrsmglobalb2c'. Enter the code in the ‘Verification Code’ box and click ‘Verify code’.
- Contact ID/Applicant Number- if you have previously booked ABRSM exams and know your applicant number, enter it here. If you have not booked ABRSM exams before, leave this blank. Once you have created your account we will give you a Contact ID which allows us to identify you in our system.
Candidates will also be given a Contact ID once they’ve been entered for an exam through the new online service. If a candidate (parent/carer) wishes to create an account, they should enter this Contact ID along with their date of birth when they register. Contact IDs will appear on all communications about exam bookings and results.
- Complete your marketing preferences to tell us how we can contact you in the future. To receive marketing updates about our products and services, please opt in.
- Click 'Save and continue' to create your account.
Candidate accounts – optional
Candidates can register and create an account, even if they have not made the booking themselves. Parents/carers can create this account on behalf of a child, but the account must be in the child's name.
Candidate accounts are optional. With an account, a candidate can log in to view information about their exams, change practical appointments at Public Venues, and view their results and practical mark forms seven days after we have released them to the applicant.
How to create a candidate account
If the applicant includes the candidate (parent/carer) email address in their exam booking, the candidate (parent/carer) will automatically receive an email confirming the booking and asking if they would like to create an account. The email will include a link to the registration page. This email will include the candidate’s Contact ID, which they need to enter when they create their account.
Alternatively, once an exam has been booked, the candidate (parent/carer) can request the candidate’s Contact ID from the applicant. The candidate (parent/carer) can then go to our website to register and create an account.
Candidate accounts must be created in the candidate’s name, and their Contact ID and date of birth should be entered where requested. This is to make sure we can create a unique record for the candidate, which links their existing and future exam bookings.
How to register and create your new account
Forgotten your username?
If you forget your username, you will need to create a new account with a new username.
- Click ‘Login’ at the top of the page or click here.
- Choose ‘Register/Exams from 2020’.
- Create a new account with a new username.
- Enter your existing Contact ID and your name and date of birth as before. This will allow us to link your new account to your previous record. You can find your Contact ID on all communications about exam bookings and results.